Our guided tours offer a unique opportunity to have a closer look at the lives, architecture, and furnishings of the Victorian era.
Day Tour Details
Experience upper class life nearly 200 years ago, when Victorian sensibilities ruled personal and public spaces. Life was controlled by the ideals of civilized society, clearly divided gender roles, and strict rules of etiquette. Our tours share the intimate details of daily family life, birth and death, war and peace, slavery and freedom through the Victorian era to the mid-twentieth century.
Guided tours are available Tuesday through Saturday from 10am – 2pm.
- Each tour begins on the hour and last roughly 45-60 minutes.
- Last tour starts at 2pm.
- Closed Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and December 20th through January 3rd.
- Book a tour online or in person.
- Adults (18-64): $15
- Seniors (65+): $13
- Military ID: $13
- Students (6-17): $7
- Kids (5 and Under) & Members: FREE
- Group Rate (10+ in Party): Please call 910-762-0492 to discuss group rates and scheduling.
Night Tour Details
Nightlife and Gas Technology in an Antebellum Victorian Home
The Lower Cape Fear Historical Society, Inc. is proud to offer our newest tour program, highlighting the impact of gas technology on the nightlife of people who lived and worked in the home until 1886, when the house was first electrified.
- The tours start at 8:30pm on the first and third Saturday of the month and last until 10pm.
- The tour is typically limited to 10 guests and often booked well in advance.
- Due to the very low lighting, guests are asked to move with care throughout the house.
- Regular lighting levels will be restored at the end of the tour, allowing time for photos.
- $20 per person
NO WALKING TOURS ARE BEING HELD AT THIS TIME.
Please check back in October for updated information.